Patriotic Table Runner




Patriotic Table Runner







I've been keeping a small stash of red, white, and blue fabrics for some time and I thought it was finally time to make a cute table runner out of some of them.

After picking a design, I layed out the fabrics in the order I wanted to sew them.






For the center square, I cut a 4 inch by 4 inch piece.  For all the strips surrounding it, I cut 4 two inch strips of each fabric.  I did have some left over, but that didn't bother me. I'd always rather cut a little too much than a little too little when working on a project.




The back. I think it just looks so gorgeous! I used scrap red, cream, and blue fabric for the backing. I've used this same fabric for the back of this red, white, and blue project.




I decided to machine quilt this with a variegated red, white, and blue machine quilting thread.




Look at that texture! I stitched in the ditch and then echoed that by using the width of the sewing foot to keep it somewhat symmetrical. I also ironed the seams open so that stitching in the ditch would be a bit easier. Basically easy-peasy machine quilting.




And because I machine quilted it, I completed it in one day / sitting.  That includes ironing and cutting too - I'm a little proud of this.








For the binding, I used scrap solid red cotton fabric.  As I've said before, my favorite binding is always a solid.




Bonus Photos:




Happy creating, and happy quilting!







For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review