Norse November




Norse November 



I'm not going to lie, I've been thinking about this all year, right along side Non Fiction November. And honestly, I don't need an excuse to talk about Norse books, but here I am making one (mostly because I love alliteration). 

I've made the joke several times now that 2018 for me is 20-Norse-teen as that has been the main subject matter for my reading and research this year. 

Between all the books, articles, podcasts, and random things I've found and loved and laughed over, here are a few of my favorite Norse or Norse inspired books:


The Poetic Edda
A new translation by: Carolyne Larrington


The Vikings: An Illustrated History
by Ailbhe MacShamhrain 


Norwegian Folktales
Selected from the Collection of Peter Christen Asbjornsen and Jorgen Moe
translated by: Pat Shaw Iversen and carl Norman 


Seven Viking Romances
translated by: Hermann Palsson and Paul Edwards 


Saga of the Volsungs
translated by: Jesse L. Byock 


The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun
by: J.R.R. Tolkien


The Gospel of Loki
and
The Testimony of Loki
by Joanne M. Harris


Norse Myths: The Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki
by: Kevin Crossley-Holland
illustrated by: Jeffrey Alan Love






Happy creating, and happy reading!










For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review