2018 TBR and Reading Goals




2018 TBR and Reading Goals



2017's tbr had 34 books.  While I did read a lot of books last year, very few where on my tbr.  I know this is a habit I have of making a some what large tbr and then basically ignoring it.  Luckily, I still get a decent amount of reading done regardless.

With that in mind, I'm going to try and change things up this time.  I'm going to change my goodreads reading challenge from 30 to 40.  For my tbr, I'm going to max it out at 15, kind of.  I'm only going to name 15 books that I want to read. I do have a rather large stack near the coffee table that is my ever shifting tbr.  I also have minor goals that I will list out here as well.

It's taken me some time to consider which books might actually be in my 2018's read list and not just in my 2018's tbr list. 



So, without further ado, here is my 2018 tbr:

The Lay of Aotrou & Itroun
by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Poetic Edda
by unknown
translated by Carolyne Larrington

The Phantom of the Opera
by Gaston Leroux

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
by Robert Louis Stevenson

The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas

Treasure Island
by Robert Louis Stevenson
(reread)

The Curse of Treasure Island
by Francis Bryan
(reread)

The Great Gatsby
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
(reread)

The Picture of Dorian Gray
by Oscar Wilde

American Indian Stories, Legends, and Other Witings
by Zitkala-sa

Fatal Enquiry
by Will Thomas

Mythologies
by Roland Barthes

Modern Romance
by Asis Ansari

The Last Time I Saw Paris
by Lynne Sheene
(I now have two copies of this, so I really ought to give it a try)

Go Set a Watchman
by Harper Lee



As for my minor reading goals:

- Read 5 Shakespearean plays (I really enjoyed this goal from last year)

- Complete my deployment reading list goals.

- Read at least 2 Science fiction novels or novellas.

- Read more comic books and / or graphic novels.

- Read 80% of the books in my mini Norse tbr pile, some titles include: The Poetic Edda, Norwegian Folktales, Seven Viking Romances, Norse Mythology (Gaiman), Saga of the Volsungs, etc.

- Read 60% of the books in my mini Nonfiction tbr pile, some titles include: The Love You Make: An Insider's Story of the Beatles, Modern Romance, Wildflower, The Twilight Years: Paris in the 1930's, Scandals, Vandals and da Vincis: A Gallery of Remarkable Art Tales.

- Read 80% of the books in my mini Classics tbr pile, some titles include: Fahrenheit 451, The Scarlet Letter, The Sun Also Rises, etc.

- Read 60 % of the books in my Gothic tbr pile, some titles include: Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Aurelia or The Tale of a Ghoul, The Diary of a Madman, The Picture of Dorian Gray.

- Just be generally be happy with what I'm reading.



Happy creating, and happy reading!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review