2017: A Crafting Year in Review




2017: A Crafting Year in Review



- Sewing & Quilting -



- Two Floor Cushions

Upcycled from Ikea twin sheets, hubby and I use these when we get take out and eat at the coffee table.  I stylized them after some Japanese floor cushions that my mom got when she was living in Japan.



- Bed Skirt, Queen Sized

Upcycled from a navy twin top sheet from college that snuck into our linens some how.  We don't have a bed set or head board for the bed, so having a simple (and cheap) bed skirt hides the metal base wonderfully.



- Baby T-shirt Quilt


I made this for one of the ladies that hubby worked with this last year.  It was such a challenge with loads of fussy cutting, but it's so cute and fulfilling in finishing it. It's about the size of a queen blanket, with six columns and eight rows. The quilting is done in a white thread, binding is done with a solid navy, and the back is a solid red.



- Giraffe Mini Quilt


I worked on this piece in 2016 and 2017 as a gift for my mom. It took me a while as I kept putting it to the side to work on other projects. To see more about this project, check out this post.



- Forest and Brown Hexagon Mini Quilt







My mom made the top to this a long time ago as a thank you for other quilt work I did for her.  I had originally planned on finishing it and giving it away to a friend, however, hubby saw it, loved it, called dibs before I even started working on it. After having it laying around for a few years, I finally finished it!



- Rain Quilt


I've had the top of this one done for a few years before finally finishing it this year. As with the afore mentioned hexagon mini quilt, hubby kinda called dibs on this one.  So did his cat, Astrid, who wouldn't leave me alone while I was working on it.  I got the fabric from Connecting Threads, though I don't think they have those prints available any more.  To see more pictures and information on this project, check out this post.



- Batik Hexagon Quilt Top


The top of this is technically finished. I say technically, as I kind of want to put a border or two on it. But for now, it is finished, I love it, and don't know where it will go or to who it might be gifted. To see more pictures and information on this project, check out this post.


I also made several random blocks and started several sewing projects, but as they are still works in progress I shall leave them for a future post.



- Blues and Yellows Mini Quilt






This measured 25 inches by 25 inches. I made it for my mom for her crafting room, i.e. my old room.  I designed and sewed the top and she's going to quilt it and possibly add a boarder to it.



- Green and Blue Digital Quilt for Project Linus


Made from lots of scraps, and in an attempt to clear out some of my fabric stash as well as spread some warmth and joy through Project Linus. This quilt measures 55 inches by 48. I'm considering putting a boarder or two on it to make it a bit larger and feel more complete. I also finished two other quilt tops for Project Linus but I forgot to photograph them before sending them off.



 - Art Journaling and Various Paper Crafting -



- Art Journaling Pages

Throughout 2017, I made various art journal lay outs in three different art journals.  I used various mediums such as inks, stamps, water color paints, acrylic paints, charcoal, chalk pastel, markers, water soluble pencils and pigments, paper piecing and more.



- Junk Journal

I joined a junk journaling Facebook group mainly for inspiration and out of curiosity.  I used magazine pages to make my very first junk journal. To see more of what went into making it, check out this post.



- Personal Journals

Speaking of book making, I finally got around to making my own personal journal.  I've used it fairly often and I love the addition of colored pages. To see more of what went into making it, check out this post.



- Cards

I got addicted to card making this year.  I thought it would be a causal art love affair, but it stole my heart. I made around countless cards throughout the year, and I don't see this addiction slowing down anytime soon. I have a few posts up on cards already and a few more to come in the new year, so be sure to check back later for those!



Happy creating, and happy crafting!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review