A to Z Book Tag




A to Z Book Tag




Yes, I know this is from forever ago, but it looked like fun and I couldn't help myself from talking more about books. So, here we go!



Author you’ve read the most books from:
Shakespeare, then Shel Silverstein.

Best Sequel Ever:
I loved Treasure Island, so I thought I'd like this sequel by a different author. Turns out I loved it.


Currently Reading:

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Tea or sometimes coffee

E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical book, I have a ton on my kindle but hardly get around to reading them as I forget about them, hiding away in there.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
This one is harder than I thought.. Possibly Daniel from The Shadow of the Wind because he’s adorable and bookish.. or Jim from Treasure Island, or Serebin from Blood of Victory / most of the leads in Furst’s novels.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
 
Hidden Gem Book:

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Finishing college.  I basically stopped reading for pleasure because of college. The exception being summer break.  After college, I had personal time again and fewer less intense projects. 

Just Finished:

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
For me this is mostly Y.A. or contemporary as I keep trying with dystopian and fantasy books but keep not finding any I really like. So maybe all four?

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Major book hangover because of:
Basically any good book I read, but most recently, The Foreign Correspondent by Alan Furst

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Technically seven, but they’re all small bookcases, some aren’t meant as book cases but that’s how I’m using them.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (3 times)
Beowolf by unknown (3 times)

Preferred Place(s) To Read:
Papasan chair in the library, love seat by the window, or on air planes as I can never sleep on flights. But if I’m being completely honest, my absolute favorite place to read is in bed.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life, as an unfailing antidote against the boredom and disenchantments of later years, the sterile preoccupation with things that are artificial, the alienation from the sources of our strength." -Rachel Carson, 1956

Reading Regret:
I more so regret the books I haven’t read, like in high school there were a few that I just skimmed for classes that now I feel I want to read or need to read as I missed out on experiencing them prior.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
I’d have to say, obviously, the Night Soldiers books by Alan Furst.  Although, with these, I’m trying to pace myself.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Alan Furst, J.R.R. Tolkien, Shakespeare, and Jen Campbell. If it wasn’t painfully obvious already.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Worst Bookish Habit:
Um, possibly my leaving whatever book mark I used for a certain book in that book. They now belong together. I don’t know why but they do. 

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Your latest book purchase:
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I basically clung to this book reading until the early hours of the morning, I couldn’t put it down.



Happy creating, and happy reading!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review