Deployment Distractions: Self Care




Deployment Distractions: Self Care



I think we all can agree that things get tough when separation starts to take its toll during deployments and training.  One of the many ways to combat deployment fatigue is self care.  It's my favorite one as my levels of stress always seem to rise when hubby's away. Here are a few of my favorites that always help to distract me and brighten my mood.



- Change the sheets

There's something about new clean sheets that makes getting in bed a lot nicer, even if it is alone. I think it's similar to newly shaved legs; there's that small feeling of luxury that's just so simple and enjoyable.



- Bubble bath or long hot shower

Trying out a new soap, lotion or bath salts will also amp up the experience.  It's a simple, but tried and true form of pampering is always welcome in my book. And sometimes you just need to shower to clear your head.



- New coffee or tea

I don't do this often, but every once in awhile I love trying new coffee or tea samplers from the grocery store or going out and getting a coffee from a local shop.  It's small, inexpensive, and completely indulgent. Just my cup of tea.



- Comfort Food

For hubby it's snacks, for me it's meals and cookies. The meal part isn't too bad as there are loads of healthy tasty recipes and restaurants out there.  Cookies, luckily, I can make a batch, keep a few, and send the rest off to hubby! This creates a double dose of goodness as you can share the love of cookies.



- Movies or TV

Putting on an old favorite or trying out a new movie or show is sometimes the small self indulgent moment I need. I love reading, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you just need the visual distraction of watching something else.



- Journal Time

Either art journal or written journal. Getting emotions and thoughts out can be so helpful. It's extremely therapeutic and can be as creative or simple as you want.



- Reading

Books, novels, novelas, comic books, short stories, articles, what have you. It's a great escape and self care moment to just allow your self a short, or long, amount of time to just sit, relax, and read.



- Exercise

Whether your thing is yoga, running, kick boxing, rowing. Exercise is a great mental cleanse. 






What are some of your favorite self care remedies for when the distance gets you down?



Happy creating, and happy mental health!







For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review