Art Journaling: Mission Inspiration, May 2017




Mission Inspiration - May 2017









May 2017:




(Photo courtesy of Mike Deakin)



Before starting, I selected this page of my old schedule that has lyrics of "The Sound of Pulling Heaven Down" by Blue October written in lilac ink, as the page I would be working on.






For the first step, I glued down torn pieces of notebook paper, to add more texture throughout the spread.






For the second step, I used a lilac ink pad and a stylized postage stamp on old book text.  This step was great as it added more texture and randomness.






For the third step, I used my fingers to apply a light lavender purple acrylic paint randomly about.






For the fourth step, I used matt medium to adhere a glittered mesh instead of lace.  It kinda shows up on camera, but it really does sparkle.










For the fifth step, I cut out hummingbirds from a jewelry catalog and went over them with a teal ink pad to enhance the colors a bit. 






For the sixth step, I used a grey paint and the plastic bit from a used scotch tape role and the top of a laundry scent booster container.






For the seventh step, I honestly skipped this step and didn't realize until I was editing the pictures. Oops?






For the eighth and last step, I added torn scrap purple card stock paper on the corners of the spread. I originally wanted to incorporate the card board scraps, but then they didn't seem to work with this much looser design that developed.


















If you're interested in joining the Mission Inspiration Facebook group, I highly recommend it.  It's a great place to share your work and gain more inspiration and encouragement.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review