Inside my Sewing Box




Inside my Sewing Box



My sewing box has changed and shifted throughout the years. A few years ago, a friend gave me this box and most of my smaller sewing items are stored in it.






The lid has a little pocket which I don't really use except to keep a triangle ruler and a few cards from the sewing ladies in my old quilting group. 






There's a clear tray that makes up the top portion and I hold items that I don't care to loose or don't have a small box or pocket for.






I keep a sharpener, fabric pencils, fabric glue (for when emergencies arise,) silk threads, furniture threads, extra thimble, folding mini scissors, soft measuring tape(s),extra bobbins, extra small pins, and a size reference not card.






I've used the size reference note card so many times, it's not funny. It's one of those simple little things that saves your brain when you're having a moment.






The bottom, bigger section has the larger and less used items. For the most part this is how it always looks. Luckily this all fits well right now.






In this tiny leather pouch, I keep my paper weights that are large washers from the hardware store that I covered in ribbon and glued felt on one side.






In an old jasmine tea tin, I keep the majority of my pins for sandwiching. I'm so glad that I've switched to using these for bigger projects - they really save my hands from cramping!






In an old gummy bear container, I keep most of my buttons, though you'll always find a few stray ones throughout my sewing box no matter what I do.






I love keeping pins in this cute little tin.  I think it was from the dollar section of a craft store, but the light pink almost always sticks out so I can find them when I've misplaced them.






Loosely, I keep larger spools of thread in the bottom.  I use the two larger spools for sandwiching and hexgons as I don't have a machine that can use these spools.  The three ombre spools I love using for large quilts.






Machine sewing and hand quilting thread are kept in the clear box on the left.  The smaller box on the right are threads for mending.






Last but not least, in a vintage Singer tin I keep extra needles, extra rotary blade and other bits to adjust and clean my machines.






So that's what I keep in my sewing box! What else do you keep in yours?



Happy creating, and happy sewing!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review