Batik Hexagon Quilt




Batik Hexagon Quilt



I cut the pieces for this quilt last summer and finally got around to completing the top!  I initially thought that I'd be able to make two lap quilts with these pieces, and I suppose I could have, but I went for one quilt about the size of a twin.  These colors and patterns are so beautiful and cheerful; just what I need right now!  I seriously can't get enough of this pattern.



Initial lay out and figuring out the general size and number of blocks.




The initial block design. Yes, I took this photo for reference, even though by the end of this, I could probably do this in my sleep.




Full quilt top!




Boo has fully claimed this quilt.  If it's out, she will be laying on it. Not that I can blame her, she looks amazing on it!




I know it's just the top, and I haven't started quilting on it yet, but I wanted to celebrate it with you!  Right now, this one is at 5th or 6th billing for large quilts I will be finishing. I know, there's a lot on my quilting plate, but I don't mind as long as my wrists and hands don't hurt - and that's what my braces and lazy days are for.


Happy creating, and happy quilting!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review