Card Making: Making the Best of a Mistake




Card Making: Making the Best of a Mistake 



Awhile ago, I had found what I thought was a great buy, until I got home and opened it and realized I simply got too excited in the store.  I found this Hallmark box set of 200 pieces - colorful cards and envelopes.








Well, the envelopes are what I was expecting but the cards are more so post cards.




To add to my initial irritation, the post cards are a little waxy as most markers I've used on them just sit on top. They do dry, it just takes longer than normal and I usually have to go over them again.




Then I had a great idea. The envelope and card size are a little bit smaller than A2. And often I make my own card bases from colored cardstock - usually two per sheet of cardstock.  So why can't I make new folding cards to match these smaller envelopes? That's what I did. The new card size is 3 3/4 inch by 5 1/4 inch.  I can still get two cards out of a sheet of card stock. And the best part is that they can either be top folding or side folding cards.  As for the post cards remaining, I've been using them for simple post cards, extra cardstock, stencil templates, and anything else my heart desires.




And with the small bits that are left over from making the smaller cards, I've been cutting them into small rectangles and squares for confetti to add to cards and care packages!



Happy creating, and happy card making!







For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review