Nonfiction November Wrap Up




Nonfiction November Wrap Up


While I didn't stick to my initial TBR, I did manage to read a few more books this month than I thought I would. These are only my finished (and one in progress) nonfiction books for November. I also finished Dracula and VooDoo Planet.  I wish I would have read more even though this was a very good reading month for me.




Guy Fawkes: Or a Complete History of the Gunpowder Treason
by: Thomas Lathbury

I couldn't help but read this on the 5th of November. Insightful and nerdy.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Scholarship

2 out of 5 stars.




Geronimo's Story of His Life
by: Geronimo

I've been wanting to read this for awhile, especially after living where he lived. It was a wonderful read, I honestly wish that it was longer, I couldn't get enough.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Home

5 out of 5 stars.




Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
by: Neil deGrasse Tyson

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I'm glad I read this alone as I hummed and ha-ed and giggled a lot while reading this.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Scholarship

4 out of 5 stars.




Lost in Translation: An Illustrated Compendium of Untranslatable Words from Around the World 
by: Ella Frances Sanders

When insomnia strikes! I've flicked through this book before but never read it cover to cover. 10 out of 10 would read again.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Substance

5 out of 5 stars.




A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy
by: Miyamoto Musashi, translated by: Victor Harris

I heard of this shortly after reading The Art of War and thought that now was a good a time as any to read it.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Scholarship

3 out of 5 stars.




The Illustrated Book of Sayings: Curious Expressions from Around the World
by: Ella Frances Sanders

Another insomnia read.  This was a delightful distraction that had me smiling practically the whole time.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Substance

5 out of 5 stars.




A Brief History of Time
by: Stephen Hawking

Again, indulging my need for knowledge in a field of science I always wish I could have studied more.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Scholarship

3 out of 5 stars.




Bossypants
by: Tina Fey

Reading mostly in the blissful hours early morning due to insomnia, it took me awhile to finish this, but I really loved it.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Love

5 out of 5 stars.




Russia in 1919
by: Arthur Ransome

Pure curiosity got me on this one, as I've read a lot in this time period, but little to nothing about Russia.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Scholarship

2 out of 5 stars.




This is just one of the many books about Tolkien that I've been wanting to read. And the more I read about him, the more I love him. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm loving it so far.

Nonfiction November 2017 Category: Substance



Happy creating, and reading!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review