Book Making: Personal Journal




Making a Personal Journal or Diary



It may be no surprise that I love art journals and junk journals. So I decided to make my own personal journal.  I've been wanting to start a journal again but couldn't decide on all the beautiful journals available out there. I wanted something a bit more personalized and less formal - allowing for daily entries, lists, drawings, etc.
For the text block of the journal, I used 35 sheets of white printer paper, 5 sheets of lavender, 5 sheets of a soft mint green, 3 sheets of light blue, 2 sheets of another blue, and 2 sheets of blue cardstock, 2 sheets of purple card stock, and 1 sheet of green cardstock.






After folding all the sheets in half with a bone folder, I arranged them in signatures of 5 sheets each.






I made a series of holes of 7 on each signature.  Again, I used the light lavender thread to stitch the text block together.






Look at all those colors!












For the covers, I used chip board and covered them with cut down 12" by 12" paper with a teal on the edges; I had to add some color to the covers. For end papers, I used 2 sheets of the soft mint green paper. 






I've been using this journal for a few days now, and I absolutely love it!



Happy creating, and happy paper crafting!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review