Books that Helped me Through Deployment




Books that Helped me Through Deployment



While I've had to go through various types of separations and TDYs with my husband, deployment was something else completely.  Below is a list of books that helped me. They helped me before, during, and beyond the period of my life that was over shadowed with deployment.  I hope in this list that you too can find something here to help you through whatever is shadowing your mind. So in no particular order, here we go:


The Little Prince 
by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Bossypants
by Tina Fey

Dracula
by Bram Stoker

The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night
by Jen Campbell

On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
by Stephen King

Ragnarok: The End of the Gods
by A. S. Byatt

The Gospel of Loki
by Joanne M. Harris

Geronimo's Story of His Life
by Geronimo

The Taming of the Shrew
by William Shakespeare

Voodoo Planet
by Andre Norton

Slouching Toward Nirvana
by Charles Bukowski


Various Short Story Collections
Vague I know, but I found a lot of short story collections on Amazon Kindle that I couldn't find them on Good Reads. I also read a few in various genres, so I encourage you to take a gander and find something entertaining for 99 cents.



Happy creating, and happy reading!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review