50 Deployment Confessions




50 Deployment Confessions



It's a listicle! Here, in no particular order, are 50 of my personal deployment confessions. Also known as, things that I did or happened while hubby was deployed. Enjoy!

- having cereal for dinner
- having pancakes for dinner
- skipping dinner
- having terrible sleeping habits; either 10 hours of sleep or 3 hours.
- having days of being a hermit

- binge watching my favorite shows
- binge watching Shakespeare plays
- binge watching my favorite actors and subtly/ not so subtly comparing them
- truly embracing meal prep so that I could be lazy the rest of the week
- hating cooking

- loving cooking
- cleaning every inch of everything
- not wanting to leave the bed all day
- crying myself to sleep
- avoiding the phone

- enjoying shopping by myself
- enjoying going to the movies by myself
- buying books as gifts for myself for each holiday
- creating a blanket burrow on the couch for one
- making a meal "for two" so that I don't have to cook the next night

- actively avoid people in uniform, because it makes me miss hubby more
- not wanting to clean anything
- not crying for an extended period of time and feeling dead inside
- having multiple panic attacks
- becoming very aggravated with family members

- been very grateful for family members
- getting closer with a few friends
- making new friends
- still have no clue about the FRG
- sitting on the kitchen floor, crying

- crying at really random times
- crying over random things
- dealing with so many bugs
- self proclaimed Time Zone Queen!
- feeling like I'm having a relationship with my laptop as that's how I talk with Hubby / see him on video calls

- took a day trip by myself
- went to a film festival
- left the state for a day (possibly one of the best things I did)
- working out almost everyday for weeks
- not working out nor wanting to for weeks

- compiled an oversized gift basket for Hubby when he gets home
- over packed care packages
- bought myself something, just because - coffee and a book
- didn't go shopping for weeks, besides for food
- cried when I found out that Stephen Hawking died.

- nicknamed hubby's right shoe as 'my right hand man' and used it to kill bugs
- completing loads of projects that I hadn't planned on even doing
- perfecting the art of 2am yoga  (thank you Yoga with Adrian)
- started teaching myself / learning ASL online
- tried unsuccessfully to cut back on caffeine



Happy creating, and happy mental health!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review