Mug Rugs from Scraps




Mug Rugs from Scraps



While Hubby was down range I got the cleaning bug several times over resulting in several episodes of cleaning and reorganizing and sorting. One such time resulted in completely reorganizing my office / work space - including my fabric stashes.

I sorted through all of the little scraps of random beautiful fabrics that I had and realized I could easily make several mug rugs with what I had on hand. In my first mini batch of mug rugs I made four. Even the backings and most of the bindings were already prepped as I have a bucket for extra bits of binding.

As making mug rugs had been on my general to do list for a long time, I jumped at the inspiration that came with finding and sorting these scraps.

I machine quilted these to help get used to a few new sewing feet.


Cobalt and White Pineapple Mug Rug - 7" x 7" - Backing and Binding: Solid Navy





Grid of Pinks Mug Rug - 6" x 6" - Backing and Binding: Batik






Rainbow Hearts - 7" x 10.5" - Backing: Medium Grey, Binding: Black solid.






Purple Fields - 7" x 9.5" - Backing and Binding: Purple faux denim print.






I love playing around with small projects like this as it allows for creativity to shine through in small little moments that otherwise might be dwarfed by larger quilting projects. 



Happy creating, and happy quilting!







For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review