Autumn Readathon

Autumn Readathon 
by MercysBookishMusings



I saw this video a few days ago and got very inspired. I've seen a few autumnal bookish and photograph challenges. This one however, as it's much shorter than many month long challenges and readatons, I think is much more manageable for me.

Hosted by MercysBookishMusings runs Saturday 20th to Friday 26th of October. And prompts are as follows:

1. Read a gothic/spooky book

2. Read a non-fiction book that feels autumnal

3. Read a novel set in a cold location

4. Read a historical fiction novel

Bonus prompts:

5. Read a short story collection

6. Read an adult novel about a young female protagonist


For the first prompt, I have a decent stack of gothic and spooky books that I want to read, however, I think I might go with a classic and try to read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.

For the second prompt, Gossip from the Forest by Sara Maitland. This looks beyond fascinating.

For the third prompt, Giants of the Frost by Kim Wilkins, I read about 50 pages of this months ago and LOVED it, but I sadly haven't picked it up since. 

For the fourth prompt, my pick is one of the Alan Furst historical spy novels that I have yet to read, in particular: Night Soldiers or A Hero of France.

Bonus prompts! I doubt I'll get around to reading the previous books, as this year has been rather irregular with reading. So with that in mind, here's two books that I've already read this year that are fabulous and I honestly want to read again.

For the fifth prompt, The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night, by Jen Campbell. This was absolutely gorgeous and just a stunning read.

For the sixth prompt, (technically this doesn't work, but I want to read the second book in the series that's not out yet...and the second one would completely work for this one.) The Savior's Champion by Jenna Moreci.



Hopefully I'll get around to reading at least two of these. And maybe, just maybe this will help bring me out of my reading slump.



Happy creating, and happy reading!










For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters