Non Fiction November 2018




Non Fiction November - 2018



I love that the categories for Non Fiction November are in pairs: I love a good duality. 

The Goodreads page for Nonfiction November is lead by Olive and Gemma. I love Gemma's booktube videos found here. And Olive's booktube videos found here. If you're interested in either, I highly recommend you check out the links. Just a few more video links: Gemma's announcement video found here, and Olive's video found here

Now, back to the categories, which are: 
1. Past time / Pastime 
2. Self / Shelf
3. Wander / Wonder 
4. Micro / Macro 



Category 1: Past time / Pastime

For Past time I have a book that is thematic to the majority of my reading this year: Medieval Nonfiction and Folk Lore. This book was actually one of hubby's many college books that I've taken to reading on the subject.


For Pastime, of course I've wandered to a few of my art themed books that I haven't gotten around to yet. I do have a few books on Van Gogh that I've read parts of but not their entirety, so if I'm feeling zealous, I might read those too. But for now:




Category 2: Self / Shelf

I have one for this category. And I imagine it's fairly obvious as I can't help myself around all things Paris and history and it's been on my shelf for a while now.




Category 3: Wander / Wonder

For Wander, I have another book that fits into my Medieval Nonfiction and Folk Lore reading of this year. It's a bit of a coffee table book, but it's gorgeous and chalked full of history. 

For Wonder, I have another one of hubby's college history books:




Category 4: Micro / Macro 

For this category I'm going loosely off of the micro part as this is a 'short history.'






Hopefully I can get through at least three of these books, lately the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness has taken my focus, not that I'm complaining. 



Happy creating, and happy reading!










For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review