October Daily Drawing Challenge - 2016


I finished my first attempt at the 100 days project in just a little while ago. It was a mixed bag of emotions but really got me back into a few mediums and gave me more confidence to try undeveloped thoughts. I didn't fully follow the 100 days exactly as more often then not I'd take part or all of the weekend off. (I like to blame my hubby and cute kitties, but it's just laziness.)

I now think it's time to take on a smaller challenge; a month of drawing challenge. And I really haven't sat down and drawn regularly since July of 2014 when a small accident at my then job resulted in nerve damage of my dominant hand. It's not too bad now as I have full motion and ability to draw, sew, paint, etc.

October is just around the corner and seems fitting for this challenge, even though it will be very different for my little family this year. This October, my husband will be finishing a schooling program, we'll hopefully be done with house hunting,  pcsing / moving, and not celebrating Halloween because of the moving situation / time line. It will be very interesting to say the least but I'm looking forward to it because so far, it looks to be a much easier move than our last.

With all this in mind, I set out on the world wide web to find a 31 day / October 2016 drawing challenge list. I honestly didn't find any that I was enthusiastic about. They were either strictly Halloween themed or for a 31 day month that was not October.  Needless to say, I've created my own; a nice mismatch of Halloween, fall, and every day bits and bobs. I will try my best to post photos of my drawings on here weekly and on Twitter daily, through the craziness that will be October. The hashtag I'll be using is #kvart31 similar to my #kvart100 I used for the 100 days project.



If you decide to take up this or any other drawing challenge this coming month, tweet me @KristinV_Art

And here's a little bonus for staying through this post till the end! To celebrate my completion of the 100 Days Project and our up coming move, from the 1st to the 15th of October everything in my Etsy shop will be 20% off with code: MOVING2016 ! So celebrate with me by getting some Christmas shopping done early and make my studio a little lighter for the move.

Happy creating, and happy sketching!


Update:

(This is sad, hard, and terrible. I'm sorry in advance.)

I wrote the above post out a few days ago, and I have to tell you that I will try to do this challenge to the best of my ability.  The last week and more specifically this weekend and these last few days have been terribly hard on me.  My dear, sweet, little kitten Bald'r had been badly sick for a few days and acting strange for about a week or so. His breathing was terrible and in a day and a half lost most of his health. We took him into the vet, thinking it was a chest cold and antibiotics would fix things. He had a very rare disease that mutated and there's no known cure or treatment. He was suffering and we couldn't do anything, and even though I know this, it's still so hard for me. We had to put him down. And it's the hardest thing I've had to do. He was only six months old. We had him for two months. He was the sweetest, kindest, follow me everywhere, always wanting to cuddle, kitten I've ever known. And my heart is breaking. The house doesn't feel the same. My office / studio..it's hard for me to be in there without him now. Knowing I can never again spend three hours editing on the computer with him curled up on my lap. I am grateful to have had him, and bring him joy and comfort, like he did to me. I just feel like part of me is missing now that he's gone.  So many things around the house remind him of me. Astrid, our 14 month old cat, sometimes walks around the house, crying, and looking for him. They used to play and sleep together.

I'm trying to focus on the positive and slowly work through this.

Please forgive me if I become irregular on here or anything of my other sites. My husband has been very caring, supportive, and understanding. But I know it will take a long while for me to be ok. I just want him back. And I can't.





                            To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt


For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review