Non Fic November




Non Fic November challenge is something I stumbled upon a short time ago. I immediately got inspired by Gemma at Non Fic Books and Olive at A Book Olive over on YouTube with their simple and concise challenge.  I found these lovely ladies through one of Jen Campbell's videos.  (If you ever scroll through my goodreads shelves they are being more and more influenced by Jen's fairy magic like knowledge of books.) All of their links will be at the bottom of this post and I recommend you go check them out.






I love how they've set up this challenge into four categories: New, Fascinating, Controversial, and Important.  So far, I've read, or finished reading, three books and am currently reading a fourth. I finished Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way, my important read, and Home: How Habitat Made Us Human, my new read.  To be fair, I started these two in October and September, respectively.  This challenge definitely helped me finish Home as it isn't something that I typically read, and in all honesty, was not what I was initially expecting it to be.  I started and finished My War: A Love Story in Letters and Drawings, my fascinating read, and it was absolutely beautiful. Since then I've picked up Life After Life and I can't seem to put it down either: my controversial read as it deals with death.




Home: How Habitat Made Us Human by John S. Allen

Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way by Shauna Niequist





My War: A Love Story in Letters and Drawings by Tracy Sugarman





 Life After Life by Raymond A. Moody, Jr. M. D.





With Thanksgiving coming up, I'm not sure I'll have too much extra time for reading, so I'm not sure I'll be able to finish another one. This reading challenge of non fiction books has brought back a bookish appetite that I was hoping would return, and I hope it has a similar effect on you.  I rummaged through my shelves and picked some non fiction books that are on my non fiction tbr list, as I might continue this on into December. Below are a few of those books.




The Bosnia List: A Memoir of War, Exile, and Return by: Kenan Trebincevic and Susan Shapiro

Tommy: The British Soldier on the Western Front 1914 - 1918 by Richard Holmes

Genghis Khan: Life, Death, and Resurrection by John Man

The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother by James McBride

The Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne

I Will Bear Witness: A Diary of the Nazi Years 1942 - 1945 by Victor Klemperer

The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier

The Love You Make: An Insider's Story of the Beatles by Peter Brown and Steven Gaines

The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel and Bret Witter

Combat Medic World War II by John A. Kerner M. D.

The Life and Times of William Shakespeare by Pere Levi

The Women Who Wrote the War by Nancy Caldwell Sorel






I hope you find inspiration from this insightful challenge regardless of how many non fiction books you've been able to read.   In compiling this list, I rediscovered that I have a lot of non fiction books about World War I and II. I honestly did try to add some non war themed books into this list. Let me know what kind of non fiction books you are drawn to, I'd love to hear from you.

Happy creating, and happy reading!








Gemma's Video: https://youtu.be/QbSSznU039k

Gemma's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFMku5DSo7c6DbrL__kWejw

Olive's Video:  https://youtu.be/yv0hbY74N2Q

Olive's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6wKgH6YIKKfNX9-EN0dxIA

Jen's Video: https://youtu.be/gerkCrcjyMo

Jen's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwME97IPvhAXAV_bbgAvOtw






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review