Thankful Reflections, 2016.




With this last move, as with every move, my eyes have been reopened to how blessed I am. I would like to document how grateful I am, and how much we've been through, in this post. This is the season of giving thanks. And I realize this isn't fully something along the lines of creating. It is something that's needed, and will help me move forward in my creative process and in my life. This last pcs move was more emotionally stressful than physically stressful; the exact opposite of the last pcs move. This brought new challenges for my husband and I to get through together.



I am thankful for having electricity and not having to worry about it.

I am thankful for my dad and all the (stupid) flash lights that he loves to always give everyone. They came in handy when we were without power for so long.

I am thankful for having running water within our home.

I am thankful for having warm running water, for showers and cleaning.

I am thankful for having our gas connected for cooking and hot water. This is a new one for me, using gas.

I am thankful for wonderful housing staff, who are truly kick ass, caring, genuine people. Lupe and Robert, I already miss having you a short walk or phone call away.  

I am highly thankful that, again, our belonging haven't been broken in the move.

I am thankful for quick, efficient movers. Your professionalism has allowed me to have less stress.  

I am thankful for kitty cuddles. Astrid and Boo, I love your furry weirdness, it keeps me grounded and happy. Bald'r, I still miss you.

I am thankful for my bed, and the safety I feel when in it.

I am thankful for my husband's job, and that we don't have to fear about when the next paycheck is coming in.

I am thankful for where I grew up, and how I grew up. I feel grounded now, because of what was when I was little.

I am thankful for the sunshine, even though I wish it were rain. I'm trying not to get tired of it.

I am thankful for small towns, and how simple they can be.

I am thankful for large cities, and how you can find everything there.

I am thankful for my hoards of books, the ability to read, and to be able to escape within them.

I am thankful that my parents and in laws are just a phone call away, I know not everyone can say this lightly, and I truly am grateful that I can.

I am thankful for my husband, best friend, confidant, supporter, encourager, and every thing else that he is to me. Thank you for being honest, caring, pushing me when I need a positive push, helping me when I can't ask you to, allowing me to work on me, and encouraging my art and eventual decline into crazy cat lady status.  I can't imagine anything in my life with out you.



Happy creating, and happy Thanksgiving!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review