Inside my Quilting Binder




Instead of doing a "What's inside my purse," I thought I'd show you around my quilting binder!



I'm a binder person, always have been, probably always will be.  Being organized just makes my stress levels go down as well as makes me happy.  For my quilting binder, I reused one of my old binders from high school or college that was still in good shape. Whenever I pull this guy out for doing some design work I will also grab my collection of misfit colored pencils, a mechanical pencil, and a fine point Flair pen in black.






On the inside, but not attached, I like to keep a packet of grid paper to draw designs and blocks on.  In the front cover pocket, I have a few print out designs of quilt tops and, as you can see, a stuffed squirrel pattern.






In the first tab, I keep all designs, works in progress, random blocks, or anything I'm trying to sort out the piecing for. These are quilt tops, quilt blocks, mini quilts and what not that have not been made yet. Some are colored and some aren't as they're meant more to just get the idea down on paper before it leaves my head.
























In the second tab, I keep designs of quilts that I have made.  Some of these I'm still working on, but most have been finished.






My Civil War Quilt - initial layout




Coffee Table Runner - initial design ideas











In the last tab, I keep lined paper for lists, notes and what not.  Very exciting, I know.






In the very back, I keep cut out hexagons for paper piecing. I still haven't started playing with these yet, but it is still on my radar for this year.






In the back cover pocket, I keep photocopied hexagons on thick paper, incase I need more... whenever I start.




(Judging by the hand writing of my name, I'd say this was from high school? It a weird and nice moment whenever I see my maiden name written out on older things.)



So that's how I keep my quilting binder. How do you keep your quilting designs and inspiration organized?

Happy creating, and happy quilting!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review