Mini Project - Press for Champagne




Mini Project - Press for Champagne



I am adoring mini projects like this; they take less time, but are soo satisfying when completed.



I've been loving these cute little frames with a door bell in the middle that say "press for champagne." Seeing them on Pinterest occasionally keeps them on my radar. However, I could not find a door bell or anything else similar to that without printing out a picture of a door bell.  I thought I'd get creative and make my own. I took a mini red frame that I've had laying around for awhile and decided it was time to vamp it up a bit.






First, I painted the frame black. I did have another mini frame that was already black, but I wanted the swirls that was on this one for this particular project. I did about three layers of black acrylic paint to get full coverage. Something I didn't do for this project, but would be an excellent addition, would be to dry brush gold paint over the edges and ridges of the frame to give it a vintage, chic look. Instead of a door bell or button of some kind, I saved a metal top from one of the bottles of champagne from Christmas, I think. I knew I had wanted to use it in some art project and I was leaning towards journal cover or mixed media piece, but then this project jumped to my mind and it was perfect. 






I then printed out the text "press for champagne."  I went back and forth on if I wanted to hand letter this, stamp it, or print it. Printing won in the end, as it made everything a lot easier.  I also played around with having the text in French, that's the theme that the kitchen has taken on, but I decided against it as it had more letters and I wanted this to be as minimal as possible.






After gluing the backing back onto the frame, and adhering the 'button' with foam dots, it's done! And the best part is since I used foam dots you can actually press it if you like. I also added a small loop on the back to make it easier to hang as the frame previously didn't have one.






I think it makes an adorable, chic, French addition to my kitchen.



Happy creating, and happy mini projects!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review