Card Making: Mother's Day

Mother's Day Cards






For the first two cards, I used a premade medium, bright pink A2 sized card base.  I used patterned papers of diluted colored flowers as the main background, cutting them a little bit smaller so to have the pink color pop as a boarder.






For the first card, I added a square of toned paper to a tag and wrote 'Happy Mother's Day" on it. For the second card, I added a small strip of patterned paper at the top, and another one at the bottom with hand lettered 'Happy Mother's Day.'






For the next two cards, I wanted to keep the color pallet very similar and the design very simple. I used a dotted green and cream patterned paper, a floral boarder strip, off white card stock, and a textured, matching green cardstock.






For the first card, I layered the card stocks and patterned paper with the floral strip in the middle. I then hand lettered the sentiment of 'Happy Mother's Day.'






For the second card, I used the off white card stock and the patterned paper, with the floral strip in the middle. To make this one different, I used foam dots to the floral strip to add dimension to the card.  I then finished the card with hand lettering 'Happy Mother's Day.'









I really loved the floral strip as it had a light green shine to it that really made these simple cards pop.






Happy creating, and happy card making!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review