Card Making: Father's Day Cards

Father's Day Cards

With Father's Day right around the corner, I couldn't help but make a few Father's Day cards.






For this blue themed card, I started with using an alphabet stencil and blue ink to ink the background of the card.  For the main piece, I cut out "DAD" in a light blue, gluing them onto old book text, then gluing those squares onto another blue piece and centering it on the front of the card.  For an added touch I inked the edges of the envelope, simply because I can't leave things alone sometimes.






For this card, I used a lot of book text and blue ink, again.  I used a circle stencil to cut out various sized circles and colored them blue with an ink pad and a finger blender tool.  For the "DAD" part, I used the same blue ink and a simple alphabet stamp set on book text.  I cut out each letter and glued them to a paint sample card in a matching blue.









The inspiration for this card was definitely the patterned paper; soda bottle caps.  I cut it slightly smaller than the card front, to allow for a border of red.  For the "DAD" part, again, I used the simple alphabet block stamps, but put it on velum this time.






On the inside, it says "Without me today is just another day. (You're welcome.)"  This works particularly well with the humor that my dad and I share.  I'm an only child so lines like this have been shared between us for most of my life and always in a joking manner.






Happy creating, and happy card making!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review