Art Journaling: Mini Mission - Aquatic




Mission Inspiration - Mini Mission - Aquatic









After taking a few weeks off of art journaling, I'm back! And the mini mission of aquatic was the perfect inspirational push I needed. I love octopi, so naturally this is where my mind went almost immediately when this prompt went live.






For this spread I mainly used acrylic paints and a few sharpies to finish it off. I mixed a lot of blues and added some mat medium to make parts translucent to allow for layering.  I also slipped a pearl or shimmery acrylic light blue into this spread as I almost always want to use it, but never remember or manage to fit it into spreads.






I used small and large bubble wrap to stamp paint throughout the spread.  This is my first time really using bubble wrap and loving the outcome. 






To finish this spread off, I used black markers to silhouette an octopus. I could have used black paint, but I took the easy way of markers. 






This was a quick spread, but I really needed it and it was a joy to make.



If you're interested in joining the Mission Inspiration Facebook group, I highly recommend it.  It's a great place to share your work and gain more inspiration.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review