Projects of 2017 - An Optimistic List.




This is more or less my version of a resolution list.  I never really keep New Year’s resolutions, and rarely make them around the New Year. I feel if you want to have positive change in your life, there is never a better time than the present.  That being said, I do like to list out my projects near the beginning and end of the year as a way of reflecting over what has happened throughout that given year.



Quilting –

I’d like to start and finish my rain themed, twin-sized quilt that’s been sitting in my closet for some time. The top has been finished and waiting to be hand stitched. I partially like to blame my inability to figure out a pattern of quilting for it as why I’ve put off finishing it for so long. I think I’ve finally settled on a pattern that has renewed my excitement for the project.


I’d like to start quilting on my civil war, queen-sized quilt.  I finished the top of this several year long project last summer. Now that we have a queen-sized bed, I’m itching to finish this large and lengthy project.


In 2016, I got into making mini quilts and I must say, the addiction is still here and possibly growing. I have a few designs drawing out for a fall table topper, a Christmas table topper, several mug rugs, and a couple patriotic ones to name a few ideas in my quilt notebook.




Paper Piecing: Hexagons –

I’ve watched a few more experienced people work with paper piecing for years now, and I finally think it’s time to take the plunge into that realm of quilting.  I have two sizes of hexagons, and many, many more fabrics ear marked for such an undertaking.




Embroidery -

I’d like to get back into embroidery. I have a huge pinterest board dedicated to beautiful stitch work that has been a growing source of inspiration. I finished organizing my embroidery floss last year and it’s rainbow of organized colors is deliciously tempting me back to this art form. I hope as well to incorporate embroidery into some quilts, whether they be smaller projects or larger ones.




Felting Projects –

I’d like to make a few more coaster sets with my felting machine.  I have a few garland ideas sketched out that I’d love to make for upcoming holidays and events; hopefully this year I’ll get around to them. I also have a pinterest board for inspiration in this department of art.




Watercolor Painting –

I’m hoping to get into a regular habit of watercolor painting. Even if it is just one day a week.  I’ve struggled with my confidence in terms of water color on and off since a high school art class. While I don’t think I will ever have a mastering of the art form, I would be very happy with just being comfortable with it.



Acrylic Painting –

I have a few project ideas lined up for this year that I’m hoping to get to.  I’m also wanting to start a small sketch book dedicated to warm ups and to challenge my forms and habits with this medium.



Chalk and Charcoal –

I like to dabble a bit with these now and again, in between projects.  I’d like to make them a bit more of a staple to express myself. And with how my teal cart is organized now, I can see them more easily and hopefully this means I will be more tempted to use them.






Art Journaling –

While I’ve loved art journaling for years, I initially started my own art journaling regularly in late 2015, early 2016.  Since the many moves last year, I have become more infrequent with my commitment to it. I have one journal that is almost complete that I’d like to finish. As well as start a more fluid, less rigid style of art journaling. I hope the later will encourage my tendency toward this wonderfully expressive art form.  




PCS Projects –

While we’re not scheduled to have another PCS any time soon, God willing, I do have a few small projects up my sleeve to make the next ones’ transition more smoothly.  I’d love to share more, but I honestly want to keep it a secret until I have it a little more concrete and in the works.



Cards –

As hubby and I are getting ready for his first deployment, I thought another creative outlet for me would be to make cards. I have a few sketches and ideas jotted down already and I think it will be a good way for me to incorporate several mediums as well as brighten hubby's day while he's deployed.






Happy creating, and happy project planning!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review