Card and Tag Making: Harry Potter Themed




Card and Tag Making: Harry Potter Themed



Here are the cards and tags that I made to go with the Harry Potter themed care package that I sent to hubby.



The Cards:

For the cards, I kept them rather simple.  I used pre-made card bases and added lettering to complete the cards.  I used a few puns of lines and characters that I love.  I didn't make as many themed cards as I normally do. But I supplemented the box with other cards and notes.





I honestly had more fun with the envelopes. Oops.  On the main part of the card, I wrote "Owl Post, deliver to:" and then wrote some funny descriptions of where he is deployed to.  Basically, it's a great way to make a sarcastic flex of your OPSEC muscles.  On the upper right hand corner, I layered three postage style stamps.  





On the back of the envelope, I, again, layered three different postage themed stamps.  By now you
know I can't help myself when it comes to envelopes. 




The Tags:

For these, I wanted to make one for each Hogwarts house.  I used three separate papers for the tags to add a bit of character. Also, because I got carried away, surprise.




The papers I used were tea dyed book text tags, colored cardstock, and premade translucent tags.  I didn't glue anything together for these, even though the colored card stock and book text could have been glued together.




The text on the tags correspond to what they're attached to in the care package.

For the Ravenclaw (blue) tag, it says "Found in Library, try not to let it happen again."  This was attached to the Mini Book of Mini Monsters. 

For the Slytherin (green) tag, it says "Handle with Care, Basilisk Eggs."  This was attached to green mint chocolate chip cookies. 

For the Gryffindor (red) card, it says "Open in case of Dementor attack."  This was attached to a small packet that had pictures and a chocolate bar. 

For the Hufflepuff (yellow) card, it says, and this is my favorite, "Hufflepuff's Finest Doodles." It was attached to snickerdoodles.




I finished off the tags with a two toned cotton twine. I definitely loved making these tags and I normally don't have the inkling to make tags.



Happy creating, and happy card making!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review