Deployment Distractions: Food




Deployment Distractions: Food



I definitely go through waves of wanting to cook or making everything to absolutely not wanting to even go into the kitchen. To help combat abandoning my kitchen I like to go to different blogs and YouTube channels to get inspiration to start cooking again whenever I hit one of these slumps.

I also like to find and test new sides and dishes for when hubby's back.

One of my favorite food blogs is Jewish Food Hero. I initially found Kenden on Instagram, and love seeing the photos and blog posts.   I'm not vegetarian, but I love a lot of vegetarian dishes and this is always a great source of inspiration.

On YouTube, there are a few people I love to watch cook and find their recipes wonderful additions.  Donal Skehan is one of these wonderfully delightful people to watch cook. I don't remember how I came across his channel, but I'm glad I did. Hubby and I even caught him on tv on a cooking show while we were in Ireland for our honey moon.

Olga from Fablunch is a delight. I love her healthy and delicious food ideas.  I've incorporated quite a few of her meals and sides into my regular cooking.  Her blog is also a delicious treat to look through.

Jenny Mustard also has some wonderful vegan food ideas and treats. Her lifestyle videos are also great to watch. Her style and general attitude always brighten my day.

The Domestic Geek is a great place for variations on great dishes.  I've found a lot of dishes here and I love her up beat attitude, love of food puns, and her dedication to creating videos with lots of variety.

I also love watching EverydayFood.  So inspirational and informative. I love their kitchen conundrums videos, it's probably one of my favorite must watch videos whenever there's a new one uploaded.



What are some of your favorite self care remedies for when the distance gets you down?



Happy creating, and happy mental health!







For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review