Art Journaling: Journal52 - Week 11




Art Journal - Journal52 - Week 11

Gentle



This art journal was an old, barely used 2015 planner, and before I started working in it, I glued about half of the pages together to make then thicker and more sturdy.  With gluing, came selectivity for what I wanted to still be showing. For most of the pages that were left visible they were very similar looking: either a month layout or a week layout. However, for this particular page, I wanted to do something special and unique. This started as the month layout for March 2015, which has a special place in hubby and mine relationship when we were still dating. I barely used this planner, something that is uncommon for me, but the fact that this month had noted, relationship landmarks makes it special to me.









To prep this spread, I did nothing , no gesso, nothing. It was weird, and new to do nothing, but I went with it. I added watercolor paint in blue, green, and purple directly to the page.  I did add a few splatters of purple, as I just can't help myself when it comes to splatters. 






I then went in with four markers for a quote from Tolkien's work.  For the left side I used a Prisma Color marker in Lime Green PB-36, and out lined it with a Tombow ABT marker in #158. For the right side, I did the same but with a Prisma Color marker in Warm Grey 40% PB-102, and out lined it with a Tombow ABT marker in #192.






I then added stamping with two stamps from Tim Holtz Stamper Anonymous Euro Elements stamp set. For the fleur de lis stamp I used Distress Ink in Dusty Concord and for the mail mark stamp I used Memento Luxe ink in tuxedo black.






To finish this page, I ran a few of the green markers around the edges of the pages and then used my date stamp with the same black ink from earlier. 






Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review