Art Journaling: Mission Inspiration - June 2017




Mission Inspiration - June 2017









June 2017:


(Photo curtesy of Mike Deakon)




For the first step, I glued down edges of quilting fabric to get a frayed and steady texture in each strip.

For the second step, I applied a fine texture paste with a pallet knife throughout the whole spread.  




For the third step, I added light washes of tan and yellow watercolor paint, and finished this step with a few splatters of yellow.




For the fourth step, I added a printed photo and some magazine cut outs for a small splash of color.




For the fifth step, I used a text block stamp and white ink for over the magazine images, and yellow ink and rose ink for the rest of the spread.




For the sixth step, I added torn patterned paper to enhance the vertical elements already on the page.

For the seventh step, I used a brown colored pencil and made scribble marks throughout both pages focusing on adding vertical lines and shadows to the elements.




For the eighth and last step, I used a thin brown sharpie to make a scribbly border all around the spread.




Details:















If you're interested in joining the Mission Inspiration Facebook group, I highly recommend it.  It's a great place to share your work and gain more inspiration.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review