My Favorite Things in My Studio Space




To celebrate this blog's one year anniversary, I'd like to share with you a few of my favorite things that I just have to have in my studio.  These things aren't necessarily "office" items but they make this space more my space by bringing ease and character to a busy room.  Hopefully, these things can show you a little more of my weird character and inspire you to create a wonderful space for yourself!

In no particular order, here we go.




Candy / snacks in my desk drawer

This can be anything from gummy bears, to trail mix. It's a long held habit to hide snacks, and I'm not sorry.




Head Phones

Noise cancelling head phones are heaven sent and I still don't know why I didn't get these earlier.




T - Square

This was my grandfather's and I wish I could have spent more time with him before his passing.  I keep it where ever I go.





Ikea Cat Pillow

My mom sent this to me last year, and I've been using it on my office chair as more lumbar support ever since.  It's adorable and odd and just perfect in my office.




DIY Pin Boards

I made these with foam board and a stretched a batik fat quarter over each to finish them off.  They're rather simple but just what I need, and I won't feel bad if they get damaged in the next PCS move.  On the one to the left, I keep measurements and cheats for quilting and numbers for various Photoshop edits.  On the one to the right, I keep a general project list for the year as inspiration, two small quotes, and a dream catcher.




Window Dressing

In addition to hand dyed teal curtains, I keep hanging silver and teal hearts from my bridal shower to add some glitter and happiness to the space. 




Dragon Fly

This pipe cleaner creation was given to me by a little boy from Plummer, Idaho, when my studio in grad school was working with the school district to create ideas for a new play space.  He stole my heart and gave me courage in the short time I knew him.  We bonded over our love of dragon flies and he gave me this before we left.  I cherish it so much and keep it by the door to remind me to be creative, to be true to myself and to keep going.




Broken Bamboo Stick

If you know me, you've probably heard this story already.. I took a tai chi class and on 'stick day' I broke the bamboo stick. My teacher gave me the broken stick as a form of trophy of my strength, which I didn't think I had to that extent.  With everything that life keeps throwing at us, it's a nice reminder that I am stronger than I think I am.



Happy creating!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review