Card Making: Star Themed




I took more time with these cards than I do with most cards that I make.  I also included these cards in the Star Wars themed care package, to stick with the 'star' part of the theme. They would alternatively be great as 'just because' cards, love notes, thinking of you cards, anniversary, or whatever else fits your fancy.






For this one, I used a star punch on various blues that I tore out of old magazines.  For the sentiment, I simply block lettered it with a Micron 03 pen, on top of torn blue printer paper that I went over with a Copic marker, Phthalo Blue - B23, to give it texture and depth.





For this card, I used die-cut stars from old book pages.  I used a light blue Copic marker in Powder Blue, B41, and then roughly outlined each star with a silver Sharpie.  I used that same Copic marker to lightly dust the card base with blue before gluing down the stars.  For the sentiment, I took a line from one of Coldplay's songs which I love and thought was fitting as the silver does make this star card shine in its own way.








I used a galaxy themed stamp and a blue-teal marker instead of an ink pad on white printer paper for the middle of the focal point.  Surrounding it, are two, torn pieces of blue printer paper; the darker one has a blue Copic marker, Phthalo Blue B23, over lay in vertical and horizontal strokes to give it depth and texture. For the sentiment, I used the same blue Copic marker.









For this card, I did a messy ombre of the light and medium Copic markers used on the previous cards. For the star and moon, I used die-cut pieces of old book text that I outlined with a silver Sharpie marker.  I then hand lettered the sentiment around the cut outs.






This one, I wanted to keep relatively simple.  For the front, I used the same blue printer paper, torn and covered in vertical and horizontal Copic marker in Phthalo Blue, B23.  I then used the galaxy themed stamp again and used a grey, fine tipped Crayola marker the write the lyrics of Frank Sinatra's song.






For the envelopes themselves, I used both blue Copic markers to draw stars in different patterns to make each one unique.  You of course don't have to do this, I just like adding little touches here and there, and honestly can't help myself.









Happy creating, and happy card making!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review