Card Making: April Showers




For these cards, I went with an 'April Showers' theme.  Hubby and I are from the Pacific Northwest and miss the rain when we are away.  So I took inspiration the saying and our love of that part of the country to make these cute and simple cards.

For all three cards,I started with pre-made blank, white cards and envelopes and I used the following Copic markers: B23: Phthalo Blue, B41: Powder Blue, RV63: Begonia, V000: Pale Health.

I realized after creating this cards as love notes and just because cards, if you change the sentiments, they would make great gender reveal cards or baby shower cards!






For this card, I used scrap water color paper for the sentiments.  I messily covered one water color paper with pinks and the second piece with blues.  When that was dry, I used black ink and an alphabet stamp to make the repeating sentiment of "i love you." I mounted the water color pieces off center on a piece of pink printer paper that was cut slightly smaller than the card itself to allow for a small white border.






For this card, I follow a similar pattern as I did for the previous card.  I used water color paper scraps, and colored one with pinks and the other with blues.  For the repeating sentiment, I followed the diagonal marker strokes and with the alphabet stamp set, stamped "lots & lots &" repeating. I then mounted the water color pieces onto coordinating pink and light blue printer paper before staggering and gluing them to the card.  For the inside, I finished the sentiment with "lots more." This card doesn't exactly say "I love you, lots and lots.." but it definitely does imply it in a way that is creative and a little silly.









As mentioned before, hubby and I are from the Pacific Northwest but currently don't live near it.  As we continue to move around where the Army sends us, the sentiment for this card is kind of our version of "I love you to the moon and back." 

I used water color paper scraps again, but used all four Copic markers creating an ombre or mock sunset with them.  I used a simple alphabet stamp set for the sentiment and a Seattle Space Needle stamp that I got from Hobby Lobby a while ago.  I mounted the water color paper onto the same light blue printer paper and used the lighter blue Copic marker to make small stippling to mimic rain drops, in a tone on tone affect.






For the envelopes, I used a text stamp from Fiskars and the darker pink and blue Copic markers instead of ink.  On the back, I used the markers to draw little hearts.  These are optional, but a cute little touch that I can't help but make.





Happy creating, and happy card making!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review