Deployment To Do List - A Wrap Up




9 Month Deployment To Do List



In preparing for hubby's first deployment, I read a lot, a lot of blog posts, articles, and books. One of the many things that stuck with me was making a to do list.  And as much as I love lists and list making that was one thing that got me excited about being able to get through his first deployment. I have a more intensive physical list that I kept track of everything on; this is a simplified, polished list.

It really helped me keep my sanity and keep me motivated. If you or a loved one are going through something similar, I highly recommend making your own list. I was highly impressed and inspired by Jo's list from Jo, My Gosh, found here, from when her husband was deployed.

So here's my list and what I was able to accomplish!



Personal:

- Keep a journal, write in it two to three times a week. ( 36 / 72-108 )

- Write two to three blog posts a month. ( 32 /18-27 )

- Finish editing poems. ( Not Done )

- Submit poems to publishers / editors. ( Not Done )

- Work on writings. ( check!!! )

- Finish 1 Writing Challenge ( 4 / 1 )



Health:

- Yoga two to three times a week. ( 96 / 72-108)

- Run or walk once to twice a week. ( 47 / 36-72)

- Complete at least one squat challenge, again. ( 2 / 1)

- Complete at least one yoga challenge. ( 2 / 1)

- Complete at least one weights challenge. ( 2 / 1)


Hubby's Deployment:

-Send one large box a month. ( 10 / 9 )

-Send one small boxes a month. ( 9 / 9)

-Send groups of letters twice a month. ( 18 / 18)

-Write him every day. ( 252+ / 252)

-Prepare a homecoming gift basket for when he's home again. ( 1 / 1)



Art / Sewing :

-Art journal at least once a week. ( 3 / 36 )

- Finish 4 large paintings. ( 0 / 4)

- Make 18 quilt blocks, they don't have to go together. ( 13 / 18)

- Finish 3 mini quilts. ( 6 / 3)

- Finish 1 large quilt. ( 1 / 1)

- Finish 2 embroidery projects. ( 0 / 2)

- Finish one felt project. ( 0 / 1 )


Books:

- Read 20-24 books in nine months. ( 38 / 20-24 )

- Read five poetry collections / books. ( 2 / 5 )

- Read 5 Shakespearean plays ( 3 / 5 )


Films / TV:

- Watch one to two new things on Netflix a week ( 38+ /36-72)


Around the house:

- Remove mesh thing from under the bed.  ( CHECK )

- Dust door jams, at least three times. ( 3 / 3 )

- Rotate the mattress twice. ( 2 / 2 )

- Super clean the microwave and fridge, at least twice. ( 2 / 2 )

- Deep clean and detail vacuum, at least three times. ( 3 / 3 )

- Reorganize the garage. ( CHECK )

- Find rugs for kitchen / living room / bed room. ( 3 / 3 )

- Go through closets for pre-PCS prep. ( 6 / 6 )


Misc:

- Go out just for doughnuts. ( CHECK )

- Go to the movie theater, and try not to feel bad about not going with hubby.  ( CHECK )

- Send happy mail. ( 5 / 2)

- Update Goodreads personal library ( CHECK! )





Happy creating, and happy mental health!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review