Mini Quilts - Halloween Mug Rugs




Mini Quilts
Halloween Mug Rugs






I already have a Halloween themed table runner, but had some scraps and a few fat quarters laying around.  My love of hexagons in quilting and spiders in general got the better of me and this idea sprang to mind.

I cut various strips out of three different gray Halloween fabrics.  The sizes being 1 inch, 1 1/4 inch, and 1 1/2 inch.  I then arranged them into groupings of four before sewing.   I then used my 60 degree equilateral triangle ruler to cut them into triangles. You can also use the grid lines on cutting mats as most have 60 degree lines and 45 degree lines. But for simplicity sake, I have the triangle ruler.

Because I kept the sizing of the strips random, and the organizing of the groupings random, I ended up with three hexagons measuring about 6 inches and three measuring about 7 inches.  I meant for these to be rather scrappy looking, so I don't mind the size variance.  However, if you're going for a more ordered look, simply keep the strips the same size.

I used variegated grey thread to machine quilt them, and finished them off with a solid light gray.  For the backing, I used this cute black fabric with "boo!" in various Halloween colors.








Happy creating, and happy quilting!







For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Goodreads at: tinyurl.com/kj-reads



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review