A "To Do" Monthly Calendar





What you'll need:

Frame: Good will, the dollar store, or whatever you like. If you're planning on attaching magnets for the fridge, make sure it's a light frame.

Back ground: Craft paper, plain paper with markers and paints, whatever goes with your style!

Ruler and colored markers of your choosing.

List of things you want to complete each month.


With each PCS move our bill payment days change. We usually can get into a rhythm fairly well but this calendar, that lives on our fridge, is such a help to keeping us on track. It's a great visual reminder with our ever changing schedules.


I start by figuring out how many columns and how many rows I'll need for the whole year. For the columns (think architectural column - vertical) I need one for each month, one for the bill name, and one for it's due date; 14 in total. For the rows, (think rowing a boat, horizontal) I need one for the labels on the top of the chart, one for each month, and a blank space we use for odds and ends like doctor appointments, vet visits, etc; 13 in total. 

So for our house I'll need a grid of 14 by 13.  You can do this on the computer if you like, but I prefer to do it by hand. I like having the grid on the paper that goes in the frame, under the glass, so that I can't accidently erase or smudge the lines.


I used a circle stamp and various light blue marker to make a light wash of blue bubbles for the back ground.




Using a light blue thin sharpie I marked out dots on the edges of the paper to set up a foundation for the grid.  These marks are small but won't be visible because of the frame.




In the past, I've used darker markers for the lines, so I thought to change it up with soft colors for everything.




You can put the labels on the paper itself if things are more permanent. For my house, it is different with each move so I leave the labels for being hand written on the glass for easy adjustment.

The great thing about this is you can change the back ground as often as you like!






Here's our last one, a teal variation done with an ink pad.  The options for this are endless.






Happy creating, and happy planning!
















For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review