Hanging Photos and Frames - PCS Tips




With every PCS move, Photos and frames go up and down. I've developed a simple but easy way to make this last step of moving in, even easier. 

In our house, as I'm sure in most houses, we have lots of pieces that are hung throughout the house. We have a few historical framed pieces, a few paintings, and a few framed plagues and work things from my hubby's work in the Army. 

Putting up framed pieces and shelving are always the last things to be finished with each move.  To make this a bit easier, I've made patterns of some of our main pieces that are the same size of the framed pieces and have the location of where the nail goes in relation to the back of the frame.









For our pieces, I've used sheets of large trace that I have left over from college. The plaques, oath of office, diplomas, and framed historical military documents are just a few examples of the pieces we have patterns of.









These come with us each move and are tucked away with my other large drawing pads. You could alternatively make the top most portion of pieces to be hanged to the get spacing layout on your walls and use tissue paper, if you don't want to have the large trace pieces.






I use tape to put the pieces up temporarily, to get the spacing and height layout.  I don't worry about if the trace pieces are level as they're more so just place holders for where to put the nails and hanging hooks.  After the nails are in, lightly tear or pull the trace away from the wall. After the first use this will be easier as the hole is already there. Now you can eye ball it to make sure the pieces are level or use a small hand held level, which is my preference.





And ta da! Frames are up!


Happy creating, and happy PCS ing!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review