Art Journaling: Journal52 - Week 5




Journal 52 - Week 5 - Anticipate





Journal52 's week 5 prompt is 'anticipate.'  This prompt was not my favorite and took me awhile to wrap my head around. In 2017 there are loads of things that I'm anticipating to the degree of worry. I am trying to lower the amount of stress in my life. So I tried translate a lot of the internal emotions I've been experiencing into a variety of the elements in this spread.






I used muted colors of tea, beige, tan, and a soft grungy brown throughout the spread. On the right hand side there is a clock face, butterfly, green film strip from a 12" x 12" patterned paper that I cut down to size. I used scraps of legal text, old receipts, and a piece of vintage luggage ephemera.






I used a FedEx package paper, legal book text, and an old receipts. I was originally planning on adding hidden journaling, but I decided to leave it out this time, as it was a hard process for me already.






I primarily used brown water color paints and tea to stain the various elements and the pages.  These pages have a few less layers that I normally do, which I think was due to me trying to focus a lot than normal. 






I finished off the spread with going around the edges with a grungy soft brown and letting that same water color drip and splatter around the edges and throughout.






Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review