February 2017 Book Haul





As I'm sure you all know, I can't help myself around books.  This month has been no exception and as hubby was working crazier hours than normal, there was no one there to stop me.  He also got four books for himself, so I wasn't the only one who gave into the temptation of books.






Hubby got me these two which started out the month on a wonderful book note.  I've been wanting to read Neruda for awhile and figured it was about time.  I've been dipping in and out of these since I laid my eyes on them.

These two were found at Barnes and Noble.






These two, I really couldn't help myself.  These both seemed like great reads.  The one on military history is a subject matter I love reading about.  The "Readings in the Making of American Foreign Policy" is from the 60's and seems to be an old text book.  I thought with current affairs being as they are, it would be interesting to read something outdated but still relevant.

These were purchased at the local Goodwill.






These three make me so happy. I've been ogling these ones for a long time.  I've seen "Hansel and Gretel" and "Devil in the White City" both in used book stores or Goodwills before and have passed them up before and then regretted it upon arriving home.  This time I saw them and grabbed them. I enjoy reading World War II era and I enjoying reading books set in cities that I've fallen in love with. These two tick both of those boxes. 

And "The Shadow of the Wind," oh, this one knew it was coming home with me.  First the spine peaked my interests, then the "One gorgeous read" quote from Stephen King, and it's in Barcelona, and in the 40's. Sold. I also realized that I'd been humming and ha-ing over the possibility of getting this book for awhile as it is on my amazon wish list. I started reading it and by page 20 I was in love. I'm not that far into it, and I know this is silly, but I'm trying to take my time with reading it as I don't want it to end. And yes, I realize that there's more by the same author, but I've gone through a reading slump and this has brought me out of it. (If that's not a bookworm problem, I don't know what is.)

These were purchased at the local Goodwill.






For these two, my curiosity and an Amazon sale got the best of me.  I've been reading both of these at the same time, and so far so good. I must admit, the cover of the "12 Army Wives" book does make me cringe a little, but, it has been insightful and is well written.  The "5 Love Languages" just has me very curious.  It's been slow going getting through this one, as I'm distracted by projects and other books, but hubby plans on reading it after I'm done.

These two were purchased on Amazon.






Happy creating, and happy reading.






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review