Creative Confessions, Part II




After every move I fall into an artistic funk. This last move paired with the holidays made that funk last a bit longer in the forefront of my mind.  There's nothing wrong with having down time from creating. Just like there's nothing wrong with going through a period of not reading as much. Life comes in waves and I'm trying very hard to not take these changes personally. 

I've gotten back into watching videos of art journaling and the raw, random, no holds bar of it has gotten me inspired again.  I've been watching more than a few people on YouTube for awhile, but Vicky Papaioannou, Mike Deakin and Jolanda a.k.a. Jopke are my favorite three.  Vicky does a lot of cards as well, and I love her style and creativity. Mike is creative in a beautifully understated manner and does the Mission Inspiration, which I've started up recently - I'm enjoying that there's loads of these I haven't done yet. And Jopke does these beautiful pieces that I love to watch come together. She's only been publishing her work on YouTube for a short while, but I love seeing her art change and grow.  I've also started doing some of the prompts from Journal52.  There are also a lot here that I haven't done, so I enjoy the back stock of prompts from when I have artistic block. I basically can't get enough of these creative people's videos and art.

Watching creative videos online have always given me a creative push; I think it's because I'm a visual learner. Art journaling has been helping me clear my head and jump start my drive to work on other projects in other mediums. It's been pushing me into a few areas I haven't been expanding in in a while and I'm really enjoying the diversity that this is giving me.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review