Art Journaling: Journal52 - Week 6





Journal 52 - Week 6 - Dream








For this spread, I wanted the focus to be on the blue "cloud" or "rain" and to have the colors muted.






I went for an Alice in Wonderland theme to play off of the prompt of 'Dream.'  I had intended to have more elements on this spread, but it ended up being more simple than I had originally intended. 






The mushrooms, for me, are inspired by Alice in Wonderland and by the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings films. 






I ended up using lyrics from the song "Here comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics, which is one I love.  Originally, I had intended to have song lyrics from "Come Together" by the Beatles and to have it faded out underneath the "cloud" / "rain" element.  When working on it, I felt the pull towards the former song and let it take me away with it. And since moving back to the desert last April, I've been dreaming of rain almost constantly, so I thought it was fitting.





I was planning on adding small cut out silver stars to be falling with the Alice figure, but that was just one of the elements that ended up falling off the pages.  The cat profile is inspired by the Cheshire cat and my love for black cats.  I loved how odd, creepy, and prominent of an element it ended up being.






This is a spread unlike any I've done before and I really enjoyed creating it.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review