Art Haul: March 2017




The short version: there was a sale at Joann's, and I have no self control.  Well, I could have done more damage, but I showed a moderate amount of restraint. As usual, I went into Joann's to get more material for a quilt, and then the rest of the store called to me.






I'm currently working on a baby t-shirt quilt, and it is one of the most challenging quilts I've worked on. I'm trying to make it perfect, when I know it just needs to be good. If you can't see it from a running horse, it's fine. I keep telling myself that. I got one gray, two blue, one aqua, two green, two yellow, two orange, and one red to help finish the quilt.  Hopefully, now I have enough material to fully finish the top. 





I had been thinking of getting these for a long time, as sandwiching quilts usually kills my hands.  Hubby pushed me to get these by reminding me it's ok to treat myself. I also had a coupon, so they went in the cart. I can't wait to try these out!






One of my new artistic addictions is card making, and I LOVE finding envelopes on sale. In this case, there were lots of envelope packs and combo card and envelope packs on sale. Needless to say, I got one of each.






Stamps are one of those beautiful things that can be used in art journaling, card making, paper crafts, and so much more. The Tim Holtz stamp set was on clearance, and the two wood block stamps were 40% off and literally put in the cart by hubby.  These all make me so happy and excited to incorporate into new projects.






Paper is another down fall for me. They're so pretty and these patterned papers and textured card stock where both on sale.  I think these two packs make a great addition to my growing stash for art journaling, card making, and more.






The various Tim Holtz products that are throughout the internet and various craft stores always call to me.  I love the feel and style they can give projects.  These rub-ons jumped out at me from the clearance bin.  And the Distress Paint I've been wanting to try for a while to see if I love them or find them moderately good. There were a few other color combos available, but I've been looking for a good brown to incorporate into loads of projects, and this combo spoke the most to me.  I think if I love these, I might go back and get the combo that had Chipped China, Picked Raspberry and an orange that I could honestly take or leave.






So that was my decent to large art haul for March.  I can't wait to create and show you future works that include these goodies.

Happy creating, and happy stash building!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review