Art Journaling: Mission Inspiration, March 2017





Mission Inspiration - March 2017








March 2017:

1. Apply patterned paper or tissue.
2. Add thin coat of a suggested colour.
3. Use a stencil with medium of your choice.
4. Add a focal image.
5. Use at least 2 rubber / clear stamps.
6. Make marks with a credit / atm card.
7. Add a quote / title or phrase.
8. Add a frame or border.

Suggested colors: green, yellow, brown

Inspiration words: Spring, Regeneration, Germination, Jump, Madness






For the first step, I tore and glued down music sheet patterned paper with green music notes from a 12" by 12" Heirloom Stack by DCWV that I got from Joan's a long time ago.






For the second step, without putting down gesso, I applied watercolor paint in two greens. And since I couldn't help myself before the paint dried I did add a few splatters of the green paints to bring some more texture into the spread.






For the third step, I used the stencil below and filled in the hexagons only with a Sand colored pencil by Prisma color.






For the fourth step, I added this cut out of a scarlet runner bean that I found in a magazine.






For the fifth step, I used two stamps and two inks. For the first stamp, I used a soft mint to put a light text design over the focal image. The stamp is from Fiskars.






For the second stamp, I used black ink to stamp random swirls throughout the spread. This stamp is from Inkadinkado, number 97632.






For the sixth step, I used an old credit card and a black ink pad to make marks around the edges of the pages.






For the seventh step, I initially tried to stamp directly on the page, but as the spread is a little bumpy, I couldn't get a clean stamp.  I then stamped the word "Spring" using Martha Stewart stamps and a black ink pad onto hand dyed, lined paper.  This ended up working better, as the word now pops.






For the eighth and last step, I used a deep olive green oil pastel to frame the spread.






As I didn't feel the spread needed anything else, I used my date stamp to date it, and initialed it to finish it.














If you're interested in joining the Mission Inspiration Facebook group, I highly recommend it.  It's a great place to share your work and gain more inspiration.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review