Art Journaling: Journal52 - Truth



Journal 52 - Week 10 - Truth

For this prompt, I wanted to do something different than my normal pages. I saw a lot of the beautiful pages that were put up on the Facebook page and I loved them, but I wasn't struck with inspiration yet.  So, I decided that instead of doing a slightly serious quote with my usual colors, I wanted to go outside my normal box.  I wanted to go in a funny direction and with colors that I normally don't use.  That's when one of my favorite quotes from That 70's Show came to mind: "There's this car, man. It runs on water man!" Naturally, I couldn't help myself. 









To create the spread, I first put down a thin layer of watered down gesso in a swirling pattern. 






I then took several oranges, yellows, greens, and a few teals to create the back ground.  I did several layers of water color washes and splatters to build up the pigments. 






I used a large sharpie marker to do the text.  To finish up the spread, I used watered down black acrylic paint to add splatters and a black ink pad to darken the edges. 





Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review