Art Journaling: Celebrating Love - ft Love in Oranges




For this art journal spread I used my digital down load set of "Love in Oranges" for the quote and focal images. You can find the one I used for this page here and a few others that I designed here! These are great additions to art journaling days where I really need some help with inspiration.

For this spread, I was simply inspired by love and just wanted to make something pink.  I usually don't a lot of pink or orange in my art journaling pages, but I wanted to break that pattern with this happy spread.









For these pages, I started with gluing down torn pieces of different scrap papers that I had in my stash. I used various letter stamps and swirled stamps with black and purple inks.  This is a great way to lay down physical and visual texture throughout the spread.






I then went over the pages with watered down gesso to prep the pages for watercolor paints.  When the gesso was dry, I painted various oranges, pinks, reds, and purples randomly throughout the pages.  I was going for a marbled, messy look.






The first time I printed out the Love in Oranges page, it didn't fully match the watercolor background that I already had.  To alter it a bit, I faded the image and printed it on normal printer paper to match the softer tones. 






After using gel medium to glue down the hearts and cut out pieces, I finished the quote with a large sharpie marker as the thickness of the marker matched the thickness of the 'Love' print out.






I then used various markers to blend the pieces with the background, and if I'm honest to add more color to the page. I used a date stamp and called it complete.



Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review