Art Journaling: Journal52 - Week 7





Journal 52 - Week 7 - Dawn







To start this page out I went over the pages with a generic red ink pad and a Tim Holtz Distress ink pad in Dusty Concord. This worked well to disperse random blobs of color as the pages weren't perfectly flat.  I then added torn fragments of lined paper that had to lyrics to "From Eden" by Hozier in purple pen. I then went over that with the two ink pads again. It added a visual and physical texture that I really enjoyed.






 Then I added the first layer of water color, only to then lightly cover the page with watered down white gesso.  I then added a second and then a third layer of water color paints. With the third layer, the colors finally popped like they did in my head when planning this page out.






I tried doing the silhouette of the mountains with water color, but it started to bleed a bit and wasn't as opaque as I'd like, so I switched to black acrylic paint.  For the stars, I used a watered down white acrylic paint splattered toward the top of the pages.






For the quote, I originally was drawn toward Florence and the Machine's line "It's always darkest before the dawn" but I wasn't fully in love with it. Had this prompt been brought up at an earlier time in my life, when I listened to Florence and the Machine a lot, this would have been perfect. But after searching and searching for other quotes, I ran across this one by Tolkien, and I thought it was perfect for a number of reasons.








Happy creating, and happy art journaling!






For business inquires, contact me at: KristinVictoriaArt@gmail.com

To view original paintings, visit: etsy.com/shop/KristinVictoriaArt

To view prints on various items, visit: society6.com/KristinVictoria

To view more photos from the studio and my life on flickr, visit: tinyurl.com/kvartflickr

Follow me on Twitter, at: @KristinV_Art

Find me on Instagram at: instagram.com/kvjaenicke17



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Making: Magazine Junk Journal

Christmas Mini Quilts - Getting the Most From 5 Fat Quarters

2016: A Quilting and Sewing Year in Review